Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

While I'm on a movie kick I might as well talk about the other movies I've seen recently.  Not having a tv has definitely played a part in our seeing more movies in the last 3 months than we have in the last 3 years.

The last movie we saw in the theater was Sherlock Holmes.  I LOVED this movie.  It's funny that my husband didn't expect it.  Guy Ritchie's dialogue was as quick as ever and Robert Downey, Jr. stole the show. 

I have never read a Sherlock Holmes story but Jason had and found the way they wove in some of the history from the stories that was never really explained into the movie.  Apparently in the books it is mentioned that Holmes is an acclaimed boxer which gets explored in the movie.  In the books Watson is married the whole time, while the movie introduces him as he is just getting engaged and moving out after living with Holmes.

Lots of action, great dialogue, intrigue, two thumbs up all around!  And the movie is definitely left open for a sequel.  I can only hope!

No comments: