Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Green Smoothie

While I didn't do formal New Years Resolutions for 2010, I am making it a goal to incorporate a fresh squeezed vegetable juice into my diet daily and have been doing pretty well so far.

Last night after a Power Hour class at my gym (a mix of cardio and weight intervals) I made myself a green drink.  I was hungry and knew this was going to be my dinner so I decided to blend it with avocado to make a heartier meal.

FOR THE JUICE:
1/2 bunch red chard
3 stalks celery
5 radishes
3 fennel stalks
3 handfuls arugula
1/2 lemon

FOR THE SMOOTHIE
combine the juice with
1/2 avocado
1 Tbsp Fiesta Mole

The result is a creamy enough smoothie to eat with a spoon. 

A warning: the chard makes the juice kind of a weird brown color.  It looks strange and earthy but tastes great.  I had to supplement with a few gluten-free crackers and some almonds but it was really yummy! 

No comments: