Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Green Tide Me Over

After nearly a week of J and I both battling colds and a lot of time in the house we are both finally recovered almost 100%!  To celebrate, we decided it would be a good idea to get out of the house for dinner just the two of us.  We're going to a great BYO Latin (with European influences) restaurant in Lincoln Square called Dorado.

I've been keeping up with my healthy eating plan, worked out at lunch time today and had another small batch of brown rice and veggies for lunch.  However, I found myself STARVING on my way home.  Luckily, J should be home in an hour.  In order to satisfy myself and avoid hitting the pretzels and mustard dip I whipped together a quick green juice to tide me over.   I went with lots of leafy greens and stayed away from the carb heavier carrots and beets which are also in the fridge to give myself a boost without many calories.  Again, I made do with what I had available in my fridge and it's quite delicious!

GREEN "TIDE ME OVER" JUICE with SPINACH and ARUGULA

5-6 handfuls baby spinach
3 handfuls arugula
1/2 large cucumber
6 small, inner celery stalks
3 radishes
1/2 lemon

Juice and enjoy!

No comments: