Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hummus

I have been enjoying making my own hummus this year, it is so easy, delicious and somehow more satisfying to eat (isn't everything homemade?).  I have a co-worker who loves hummus so I am eager to give her a taste of my latest batch!  And, with some baby carrots and radishes for dipping, it will be a much healtheir snack than the leftover halloween candy I've been eating.

HUMMUS

1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
2 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic sliced in half
1 lemon
olive oil
good salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Add the beans, tahini and garlic to a food processor.  Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of the lemon into the food processor.  Add a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.  While blending add the olive oil in a slow stream until the hummus looks to be the consistency you like.  Taste and add more salt, pepper and lemon juice as needed and blend again to mix all the ingredients.

I really like a nice, plain simple hummus but of course there are a million variations.  Let me know if you have a favorite!

No comments: