Monday, November 2, 2009

Gratitude

OK, I'm a but behind and not really keeping up with my "one post a day" promise, but hey, what can I say.  The weekend was incredible, too much to do, too little time to blog.

Today I am grateful for the farm and the farmer's markets.  There is nothing more satisfying than being able to purchase your produce directly from the growers.  Except, perhaps, growing your own. 

Everything tastes better than anything you could buy in a store.  We didn't do a CSA this year and instead made our way to our local farmer's market every Sunday.  Greeting the neighbors and seeing the faces of the vendors who by now look familiar and recognize us by sight. 

I discovered a farm stand out near my suburban office and purchased a pie pumpkin, spaghetti squash, onions and green tomatoes.  This stand's season ends at the end of this week.  And my local farmer's market is done for the year.  However, they will be continuing once/month through the fall and early winter at a nearby inside location. 

I have big plans for the pumkin and green tomatoes.  I'll post my recipes here soon!

No comments: