Monday, September 3, 2012
Soba Noodles with Scallions and Cabbage
(adapted from yummly.com)
8 oz soba noodles
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup tahini
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup chili oil
1/4 cup sesame oil
2 Tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 bunch scallions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
1 1/2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
handful chopped cilantro
- Pour soy sauce into a small sauce pan and reduce by half over high heat.
- Combine soy sauce, tahini, sugar, oils, and vinegars. Mix well.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, cook soba noodles for 3 minutes and drain. Rinse with cold water.
- Combine noodles, sauce, and scallions in a large bowl and refrigerate
- Before serving, stir in cabbage and cilantro
at 9:14 PM