Monday, September 3, 2012
Beef Yakiniku - Japanese style beef skewers
BEEF YAKINIKU (from Food.com)
1/2 lb beef
3 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp sake
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 apple, grated to release the juices
2 Tbsp roasted and partially crushed sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp mustard
- Slice beef, thread onto skewers* and lay in a 9x13 baking dish. *optionally, alternate with slices of scallion
- Roast sesame seeds in a pan over medium heat. Remove to a plate and crush lightly with the side of a knife, or grind with either a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef skewers.
- Cover and let marinate at least an hour.
- Heat coals and grill until just cooked through.
at 9:25 PM