Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ringing in the New Year & Girls Gone Mild

Well here it is, 2009! Welcome! I see that my last few posts were semi-angry and ranting. I hope to curb that in the new year!

New Years Eve and the subsequent days were a blast. Instead of trying to figure out what to do, paying money to be in some bar (which I haven't done in years) having a bunch of people over or trudging to someone else's house, figuring out who is available, looking for babysitters (not me!) the seven of us "girls" and significant others rented a house from 12/31 - 1/2.

What a great idea! Unfortunately, one couple had to back out last minute due to sickness which was the only bummer of the trip.

The house was beautiful, which you never really can count on when randomly renting something off of the internet, even with pictures. 6 bedrooms, great living spaces and a beautiful kitchen which looked out on a deck and pool, and yard with a fire pit and grape vines!

It was the best of communal living. Good food, good drinks, and good friends. New Years Eve got pretty crazy. It is all a bit fuzzy except for bits of the dance party and the phone call from my sister-in-law announcing her engagement. While shopping for liquor Jason and I came across a magnum of Chandon that we simply had to buy. I fear I made quite a dent in it. I also blame Cathy for her Buffalo Vodka.

New Years Day was slow. People got up, ate, napped, read, played games and generally stayed in our pajamas all day. 4 of us were dubbed "Girls Gone Mild" as we sat in our corners in the couches, fleece head to toe, reading our books and not speaking a word. Now that is a New Years Day!

No comments: