Monday, September 22, 2008

I am the Champion


My first 5k was Sunday morning. I am the champion! I didn't win the race, I was actually about 84th in my age group (out of a little more than a hundred timed runners) but I ran the whole thing!

The race was out on the new runway at O'Hare which was cool. Very cool. Much cooler than I had expected to have planes taking off over your head. I'm sure the view from on the plane of thousands of people running must have been pretty intense as well.

Lots of the friends were there and it was a great way to spend the first half of a Sunday!
I think I might be turning into a runner! How about that? Running has never been one of my strengths. I was always faster in the water than on land. But, I have always fantasized about being a runner. So simple, lace up your shoes and go. I love it.


No comments: