Made this Epicurious recipe on Sunday. A nice, warm meal to get through a long evening of poll watching.
I hope you all voted today!
CURRIED LENTIL SOUP
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium carrot diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 1/2 Tbsp curry
1 cup green lentils
4 cups water
1 15-oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat approx. 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrot and onion, season with salt & pepper and cook until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until vegetables are softened, about 4-5 more minutes.
- Add the curry and cook for 1 minute
- Add the lentils and water, bring to a boil, decrease heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chickpeas, lemon, 1/4 cup water and 2 Tbsp olive oil to a small food processor and blend until smooth
- Add the chickpea blend to the soup. Continue to season with salt, pepper and curry as desired!