2 Pounds brussel sprouts
3 strips of bacon
1/2 cup of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
salt & pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Trim the tough ends off of the brussel sprouts and slice in half
- Toss the brussel sprouts in a little olive oil and roast face down on a baking sheet for 25 - 30 minutes, until they start to brown. Little leaves of the sprouts may get very dark, this is fine, the burnt bits are delicious!
- In the meantime, cut the bacon into lardons (little strips) and saute in a pan
- Remove bacon from pan, cook raw pepitas in the bacon fat remaining in the pan until they begin to swell and pop
- Return the bacon to the pan. Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon into the pan and swirl it around.
- Pour the dressing over the brussel sprouts, season with pepper and taste to see if you need salt (this will depend on how salty your bacon is). Continue to roast for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Wishing you good food and the love of family and friends!