Friday, December 11, 2009

Pomegranate Vinaigrette

I saw this recipe on Closet Cooking and knew I needed to make it for myself.  It is a 2 step process, fisrt the pomegranate molasses, then the vinaigrette.

POMEGRANATE MOLASSES

1 cup pomegranate juice (I used POM)
1/8 cup sugar
1 splash lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook about 40 minutes, until it is the consistency of a thick syrup.  The recipe I followed was actually double the amounts I used, so in the future I wouldn't cook it quite as long as it got a little too thick.

Remember, that it will continue to thicken as it cools, so don't think it needs to be cooked to molasses consistency, it can still be a little thin.

POMEGRANATE VINAIGRETTE

2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything in a small jar or bowl

**optional - you can add a small clove of garlic grated, but I omitted it

No comments: