Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas is coming...



I have almost completed my most dreaded of holiday tasks.  Shopping. 

It's not that I don't like giving gifts.  There are few better feelings than knowing you got something for someone that they are really, really, really going to enjoy.  And it's not really the money.  We are not extravagant gift givers, and stick to reasonable budgets. 

It's just the hoopla.  The crowds, the dark, and mostly, the cold.

This year I did things differently.  I whole-heartedly embraced the on-line shopping.  It has changed my world.  Presents arriving at my door days and sometimes weeks before Christmas Day.  In a moment of weakness earlier in the year I signed up for "Prime" shipping at Amazon.  For a flat yearly fee I receive free 2-day shipping on most products.  Money well spent!

And people are getting some very cool presents this year.  I would like to divulge, but am afraid someone might come snooping on my blog :-)  I am most excited for Jason's gifts, I don't think he has any idea what he is getting!

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

You're lucky! I am not done and it's stressing me out!