Bobby Flay knows how to grill. We used his recipe for blue cheese burgers and red onion last weekend and served them with the roasted fingerling potato salad with watercress and horseradish dressing. I did my burgers with blue cheese, Jason and Nancy opted for provolone. Either way, with the red onion jam, dinner was delicious! We'll be enjoying these throughout the summer, and tonight!
1 lb grass fed ground beef
Arugula or watercress
Blue cheese or provolone
- Mix the seasonings into the beef. Form into 3 patties, and make an indent with your thumb on the top of the patty. Grill to your desired level of doneness, just before done, add cheese to the top and cover the grill to melt. And don't forget to toast your buns!
- Serve the burgers topped with dijon mustard, red onion jam and arugula or watercress if you'd like
RED ONION JAM
1 medium red onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup red wine
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp thyme
salt and pepper
- Halve the onion and slice thinly
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and saute the onion, with some salt and pepper, until nice and soft
- Add the wine, vinegar, honey and thyme and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Set aside and season to taste with salt and pepper