Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gratitude

Ok, I wanted to post this during Friday proper, but was at a friend's house while this discussion arose and she did not have any internet connection.  So this is my Friday post although it will not show up until early Saturday morning. 

So today (Friday) I am grateful for the fact that shortly after college many of my friends married foreigners.

Not only have I learned so much about other cultures, I've also learned how to share a dinner with people with whom you can maybe only share a few words.  It has opened my mind and made me a better well rounded person to be around Germans, Basques, Mexicans, Italians, Ecuadorians, Poles etc.  It helps all of us to appreciate our current way of life while incorporating elements of the people and places we have visited.  It reminds us that the world isn't really that big and that strangers aren't really that strange. 

I am a Gemini, I thrive on the duality and mulifaceted nature of  humanity. If we were all the same I would die of boredom.

No comments: