Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight




OK, who would have thought? I am never on the cutting edge of anything trendy (see my last post).


However, I read the entire Twilight series. And enjoyed it. And now, it is poised to be the blockbuster of the holiday season.


And so, my wonderful, intelligent, independent, some having children of their own, 6 girlfriends and I got tickets to opening night. I am never on the cutting edge of anything. I never want to be. I don't like the crowds. However, we did not buy tickets at the ghetto City North 14 by my house. We bought tickets at the Muvico. And not just any seats, but "Premier VIP Seats" So, no lines, assigned, plushy love seats and a restaurant to order food from. In short, no mingling with the hoi polloi as we like to joke.


We bought these about a month ago. And I have to admit, I have lost all sense of time. I live in some sort of time/space warp, being stretched over mulitple axes bending the space/time continuum. So, of course, I forgot and planned a trip to NYC this weekend.


Granted, this was the only weekend J and I could make it to NYC and I would not have prioritized a movie over a weekend in the Big Apple. I was just upset that I had not even put the conflict together. I can't believe it's November, let alone the week before Thanksgiving!


So, to all my friends and the teenie boppers who will be there on Friday, enjoy! The actor cast as Edward is nothing like I imagined in my mind, but I hope he does it justice. Because, really, the first book is all about him.


I'm almost happy i'm missing it. I have almost never enjoyed a movie version of a book that I have already read. I've peeked at the trailers. The Cullens in these novels are described as so breathtakingly, achingly beautiful, I feel as though they cannot ever be represented on film. And certainly not by some unknown actors and actresses. I think we will be especially disappointed by Rosalie. I'm already disappointed by Edward.


And J has promised he will go with me to see it when we get back. I expect you all to bear witness...

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

The guy who plays Edward was one of the wizards in Harry Potter. He's much cuter without the wizardry crap.