I adore zucchini pancakes and love pairing them with different dipping sauces. We are starting to see beautiful zucchini in gardens and at the markets and I couldn't resist making this today.
1 - 1 1/2 lb zucchini
1 small white onion
6 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 200
- Using a box grater, grate the zucchini and onion. Set in a colander and let drain for awhile (30 minutes recommended).
- Squeeze out as much of the excess liquid as possible and lay the vegetables out on paper towels.
- Lightly beat the egg.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini onion mixture, egg, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- On the stove top heat a skillet with oil over medium high heat
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the skillet and flatten. Cook on one side until crispy and brown then flip.
- Set cakes on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil and move to an oven proof plate to keep warm while finishing the rest.
- Continue this way until all of the batter is gone, adding extra oil to the skillet as needed
CURRIED DIPING SAUCE
8 oz. plain yogurt
2 Tbsp curry
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp harissa
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill until serving.